Saturday, January 19, 2013

An MBTI Reflection as an INTJ

For starters, what is an INTJ? In short terms, an INTJ is defined as someone who has original minds and great drive for their own ideas and pruposes. Has long-range vision and quickly finds meaningful patterns in external events in fields that appeal to them, has a fine power to organize a job and carry it through. They are skeptical, critical, independent, and determined. Has high standards of competence and performance (MBTI). 

I took the MBTI two years ago and remember getting different results (ISTJ). Now that I have reviewed what an INTJ is, I feel like an INTJ better suits who I am. This feeling of security is even more reinforced after doing the session with Derek Solheim. For me, in certain situations, a decision may seem really easy to me for obvious reasons (in my opinions). However, other people may be focusing on a completely different perspective. I think that sometimes I get lost in my own opinions. I do think that I am very capable and get tasks done effectively so that I forget to consider other options. Additionally, I forget about the feelings who I am working with. Therefore, sometimes it may seem that I am very commanding when I am not trying to be. More importantly, I better understand who I am and who I can be as a leader. When reading the descriptions, I knew that I did act similar to an INTJ, but I would not have noticed some of the qualities I have without them being pointed out.

By understanding the way that I work and the ways that other people are different from me, I can better trying to work with others without getting frustrated. This is going to be especially important when working in groups. At times, people be an opposite to me. That does not mean that we are going to have a destructive relationship. For one, it means that each of us can being various aspects to the relationship with one another and in the classroom. We are both going to bring new ideas to the floor that the other might not think about or normally consider. This will be helpful in teams because if one person struggles with doing one part, it may be possible that the other knows what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment