Sunday, February 17, 2013

Progress

I think that community builders are going well so far. I really enjoy them and I still think that they are a bit of a challenge. Honestly, I am not sure how much more I need to say that I haven't said before in another post.

This week we are supposed figure out what our final group project is going to be. Matt and I have NO IDEA what we are going to do for that final project. It needs to be something that addresses service, community, or one of the various organizations that we learned about. The students really seem interested in helping the causes and they like games... but how can that translate into a final project that we share with other classrooms? From the position that Matt and I are in, we have to look at the big picture. In terms of the LoL readings we have done, we are kind of on the balcony in this situation. We have gotten to learn about what the students like and what they have gotten out of the activities that we have done as a group. Now Matt and I have to take all of our observations and opinions and put them together to see what type of project would better help the group as a whole. A problem would be making sure that all of the students enjoy, participate in, and get something out of the group project. This is a collective project where we all should work together in order to achieve a common goal. Our AV, Pat, let us know that they did a music video last semester that the students really enjoyed. Instead of making sure that the majority of students benefit from this, we need to try and address the needs of each student. HOW???


No comments:

Post a Comment